Software Engineer, Java
As a final project for an agent-focused multithreaded programming course, our team of 8 people created a city simulation that would run independent of human input. The city had many different facets:
- Citizens who eat, sleep, pay their rent, have jobs, travel about the city, go to the market, visit the bank, and go to restaurants.
- 8 restaurants that citizens may choose to eat at.
- A market that citizens may buy food or cars at.
- A bus system to traverse the city.
- A control panel that controlled things like number of citizens and different real-world scenarios (e.g. a restaurant runs out of food).
My programming included implementing and integrating a number of these different parts:
- Bank GUI
- Bank Integration
- Citizen Technical Design
- Base and Citywide GUI Technical Design
- Control Panel Design, Implementation, and Integration
- Zoom-In View Functionality
- Trace Panel Integration
- Restaurant Integration Manager
- Responsible for merging individual restaurant projects into one working city.
- Weekend Behavior
- Disabling/Enabling Workspaces
- Role Switching (Events)
- Citizens had the ability to change jobs.
- Transportation Integration
- Bug Squasher
- Fun Fact: I was nicknamed Fix-It Felix for my mad bug squashing skills!
- Agent-based Design
- Unit Testing
- GUI Design