Gameplay Engineer, C# (Unity3D)
September 2014 – Present
Spirit is a free-flowing rhythm game created for iOS using Unity3D (C#). The player traverses the cosmos as Spirit and taps on the screen when Spirit comes in contact with a pad, which are laid out to the beat of the song. Keeping the rhythm is essential to maintaining your flow.
Spirit was developed in a 3-person team: two engineers and a sound designer. My programming included:
- Writing a sound wave analyzer in order to distinguish the strong beats in a given sound file.
- Dynamic level generation based on the timing of the beats.
- Spirit movement from pad to pad throughout the levels.
- Scoring system based on input timing.
- “Sweetspotting” the pads netted more points.
- Overall game flow: traversing the level, pad input timing, and beginning/death/end states.
- UI and Menu system
- Sound file analysis
- iOS development