UI Engineer, Scaleform GFx (Unreal Development Kit)
Spring 2013 – Present
The Maestros is a fast-paced 3v3 real time strategy game in which killing neutral enemies gives the player base units that can then be transformed into more powerful units. Each player controls a commander who has unique abilities and supplements their army. Players can customize their strategy by choosing between 6 different commanders and a selection of 12 units on 2 unique races. Kill enemy commanders to score points and win!
The Maestros was created on a team of 35 people using Unreal Development Kit (UDK). My programming contributions included:
- Deigned and created the front-end for 3D Main Menu system.
- Implemented front-end for a login system with session information.
- Integrated against a web API using HTTP and TCP to form a working lobby system. Lobby flow includes:
- Creating a lobby or selecting from a list of available lobbies.
- Changing and replicating game settings (e.g. Game Mode, Team Select)
- Lobby chat
- Commander select with live updates to teammates, so that you may see which commanders your teammates are choosing before locking in.
- After everyone locks in their commander, a message is sent to the lobby server to transition to the game. The client connects to the game server upon receiving its network information from the lobby server.
- In-game status overlay with information such as kills/deaths/assists, commander information, and army composition information.
- In-game pause menu
- Victory and defeat overlays
- Post-game score screen with final match results and statistics.
- Scaleform GFx
- ActionScript 3